Fully built 29-Spline 3rd members using all new parts and ready to drop into your axle. Third members feature top quality high-strength 29-spline ring and pinion gears and your choice of lockers.
V6 units feature larger OEM style V6 gear sets with longer pinion gear. Each unit is setup with solid pinion spacers for long gear life. Trail-Safe 29-spline pinion seal provided at no extra charge. Quadruple-drilled flange covers most Pickup and 4Runner and Tacoma driveshaft patterns.
Spool lockers should only be used in rear applications. Spools will be harder on axles than a selectable or automatic locker. Fully built 3rd members will not fit stock Tacoma or T100 axles. For Toyota 8.0 Inch solid axles only. Will not fit 7.5 Inch IFS front axles.
All new 3rd members require a break-in period to prevent damage from overheating. Any overloading or overheating during this periods can cause the gear oil to break down resulting in ring and pinion failure. This may seem unnecessary, but it is very easy to damage the differential by loading it before the gear set is completely run in. New ring and pinion gears create excess heat when they are new. This excess heat can damage the heat treatment of the gears.
Ring and Pinion Break-In Procedure:
- After installation, drive lightly for 20-30 minutes
- Then, allow the diff to cool for at least two hours
- Avoid heavy throttle use during the first 500 miles
- Do not tow a trailer during the first 500 miles
- Change oil after 500 miles to remove any particles suspended in the oil
- Fully built 29-Spline 3rd members using all new parts
- No used housings or internal components
- 29-Spline Ring and Pinion heat-treated for maximum strength and wear resistance
- Available in 4.88 and 5.29 ratios
- Your choice of spool, Detroit, ARB, Grizzly, or Zip lockers
- Solid pinion spacers
- Trail-Safe 29-Spline pinion seal provided at no extra charge
- Quadruple-drilled flange covers most Pickups and 4Runner and Tacoma driveshaft patterns
- Warranty: 12 Month Limited Warranty
- Sold As: Kit
- Material: 8620 Steel
- Finish: Polished
- Color: Grey
- Spline: 29-Spline
- Locker: Grizzly
- Ratio: 5.29
- Diff Housing: V6
- Location: Rear
- Fits: 1986-1995 Toyota Pickup and 1986-1995 Toyota 4Runner